People must have gotten the memo that pickups are incredible investments, as truck sales have soared through the roof each of the last 5 years. Led by popular models like the Silverado, Sierra, and Tacoma, the truck segment is certainly flourishing and having its extended 15 minutes of fame. But is it a trend or are these versatile trucks here to stay? With some great 2020 trucks about to be released, we wouldn’t be surprised to see pickup sales continue to climb. Keep an eye out for these 4 new models in the coming months.
1. 2020 Nissan Frontier
Release Date: Earlier this year, Nissan announced that the upcoming new Frontier would see a late-2020 debut, perhaps in September, as a 2021 model. (Contact your McCarthy Nissan dealer in Olathe for updates.)
New Features: Rumor has it that the refreshed Frontier will likely deliver the following:
- Futuristic styling
- Re-engineered F-Alpha platform
- A new 3.0-liter V6 engine making around 300 hp (replaces the current Frontier’s 4.0L 261-hp V6)
- Revamped seven-speed automatic transmission (replaces the five-speed)
Pricing: The Nissan Frontier should continue to be the most affordable of the “cheap trucks” in the midsize truck segment.
2. 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Release Date: Expect the refreshed 2020 Tacoma to launch sometime this summer. (Keep track of Tacoma release information by contacting our McCarthy Toyota of Sedalia dealership.)
New Features: Although it’s labeled as a refresh, the 2020 Toyota Tacoma will come with a slew of changes, including the following new additions:
- Horizontal, beehive-like front grilles, a design change from the previous model’s vertical layout
- Available LED bed lamps, fog lights, and daytime running headlights
- A 10-way power driver’s seat
- Re-tuned off-road suspension (TRD Pro trims)
- Larger 8.0-inch touchscreen
- New multimedia system with manual buttons and knobs
- Various new color options, both exterior and interior
Pricing: MSRPs for the best-selling midsize truck should remain consistent – expect something around the $26k range.
3. 2020 GMC Sierra Heavy Duty
Release Date: You can check out the new 2020 Sierra HD this summer at our GMC truck dealership in Marshall, MO.
New Features: As a next-generation model, the ’20 GMC Sierra Heavy Duty truck will come with several new features, such as:
- All-new Allison 10-speed automatic transmission
- A 6.6L V8 delivering 401 hp and 464 pound-foot of torque
- Larger, more robust rear axles to increase GAWR
- iN Command Control System that allows owners to remotely monitor and control HVAC settings, slide-outs, and other smart features
- New signature C-shaped LED lights
- Best-in-class towing of up to 35,500 lbs.
Pricing: Prices for the Sierra HD 2020 have yet to be announced, but it should be close to the 2019 MSRP of $38,200.
4. 2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD
Release Date: Mum’s the word on the new Chevy Silverado HD’s exact release date, but we anticipate seeing it arrive at our Kansas City Chevy dealerships sometime this summer. (Receive updates on the new Silverado by contacting your closest McCarthy Chevrolet dealer.)
New Features: All-new for 2020, the Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD will share a lot of new features with its GMC Sierra cousin, which you can read about here. Some of the most notable new additions include the following:
- An unreal max towing capacity of 35,500 pounds, a ridiculous 52% increase over last year’s model
- A standard 6.6L V8 engine making 401 hp and 464 lb.-ft. of torque
- Upgraded 10-speed Allison automatic transmission
- Redesigned trailering side mirrors
- A total of 15 external cameras, including a “transparent trailer” option that digitally constructs a view through whatever it is you’re towing
- Bigger CornerSteps with a 500-lb. weight limit
Pricing: Starting prices should be in line with 2019’s $38,000 sticker.
Now’s the Time to Buy a New Truck in Kansas City
As these hotly anticipated 2020 pickup trucks begin coming off the conveyor belts, prices for their 2019 siblings should drop. Sounds like a good time to buy one, huh? If you need a new pickup in Kansas City, take advantage of these discounted prices while you can. We invite you to search, shop and save on our 2019 trucks for sale this spring. Contact a McCarthy auto dealer near you to schedule a test drive.
Sources & Photos: