You’ve already braved the Kansas City summer swelter. Now it’s time to begin your autumn hibernation ritual. So, grab a fork and prep it for a trip to MouthVille! Here are the fall’s 10 best food festivals and events in Kansas City. (You’re welcome, tummies everywhere.)
- Great Grillers BBQ Competition (Sept. 27 @ 6 PM | Shawnee Town 1929, KS) – Downtown Shawnee goes BBQ-wild in September! Free and open to the public, this Shawnee fall event will feature 100 teams all competing for prize money and BBQ glory. A special KidsZone, live music, and food trucks will be on hand, as well.
- Village West WineFest (Sept. 28 @ 6 PM | Kansas City, KS) – Hosted at T-Bones Stadium, this Kansas City fall event offers unlimited wine tasting, food, and over 100 different craft beers. Of course, this is an adults-only wine soiree, so leave the kids with a sitter and don’t forget to bring along a sober driver. In addition to wine and beer, you can also watch the night’s fireworks and head to a hip afterparty.
- Louisburg Cider Mill Ciderfest (Sept. 28-29 & Oct. 5-6 @ 8 AM | Louisburg, KS) – Two weekends of delicious donuts, delicious snacks, and delicious apple cider: it’s what the Louisburg Ciderfest is known for! Bring the whole family for an afternoon of pumpkin-picking, hayrides, corn-maze wandering, picnicking, live music, and more fall fun.
- 2019 Grilled Cheese Festival (Oct. 5 @ 12 PM | Kansas City, MO) – Live music, chilled drinks, yard games, and all the cheese toasties your stomach can handle? Sounds good to us. Only 200 special “Grilled Cheese Lovers” tickets are available for the 2nd annual Kansas City food festival, so buy them while they’re cold (but eat your sandwich hot) to secure one of the event’s coveted fanny packs.
- KC Oktoberfest (Oct. 4-5 | Kansas City, MO) – Grab a stein of Bavarian-style bier, don your lederhosen, and enjoy Oktoberfest in true Munich fashion! This year’s Kansas City Oktoberfest event is hosted at the Crown Center and will feature covered seating, German bands, local entertainment, food vendors, and numerous family-friendly activities.
- Chili Challenge (Oct. 11-12 | Lenexa, KS) – Did you know that one of the country’s largest chili cook-off competitions is held right here in Lenexa? This October, sample free chili, hot wings, and salsa made by over 200 teams. Additional activities include musical entertainment, a JDRF fundraiser, fireworks, and a Kids Kornbread Contest.
- Donut Fest Kansas City (Oct. 13 @ 2 PM | Kansas City, MO) – Coffee, tea, and donut samples will be available to all guests at this year’s Donut Fest. After you wipe away the crumbs, vote for the Best Donut in Kansas City. Will it be a savory bacon-glazed donut or a jelly-filled? Choose wisely.
- KC Mac & Cheese Festival (Oct. 19 @ 12:30 PM | Kansas City, MO) – Your ticket to the Kansas City Mac & Cheese Festival includes unlimited sampling of macaroni and cheese, an all-inclusive open bar, and a fancy-schmancy commemorative spork to replace the one from KFC you have in your drawer. Did we mention you get unlimited samples of mac & cheese? (Event is for ages 21+ only.)
- Twisted Fork Vegan Festival (Nov. 3 @ 1 PM | Kansas City, MO) – Vegetarians, healthy eaters, and carnivores alike can enjoy the cuisine at this year’s free Kansas City Vegan Festival. Vendors from all across the country will be serving their vegetarian and vegan food, so come hungry and with an open mind.
- Pig and Swig (Nov. 9 @ 3 PM | Kansas City, MO) – The 4th annual Pig and Swig event is one of our personal favorites. Hosted at the Power & Light District in Downtown Kansas City, the festival celebrates the best BBQ, bourbon, and bacon this side of the Mississippi. Can’t go wrong with that.
McCarthy: Now Serving Delicious Car Deals in Lawrence!
The two newest McCarthy Auto Group dealers, McCarthy Nissan of Lawrence and McCarthy Subaru of Lawrence, are holding their grand opening on September 12. If you attend the ribbon-cutting, you’ll be one step closer to satiating that hunger for a low-priced vehicle. And wouldn’t that be just the best way to kick off your fall?